« Spoofing the Online University Ads | Main | Aping Humanity on Pierre Boulle's Alternative Planet »

October 15, 2009

Writing the Interview Essay

Image Source: http://www.ijpc.org/Journalist%20A.jpg

15 October 2009

Dear ENG 121 Students (Fall 2009),

Please consult the handouts and advice given to you in class about conducting an interview (and then writing an interview essay).

However, if some of you still . . .

. . . need more guidance, perhaps some of the following resources will be helpful. In fact, if you DO find some of them helpful, please share your feedback with the rest of the class at our next meeting.

As with all "how-to" articles and videos you are given as ancillary learning materials, be sophisticated enough to disregard the parts of advice that conflict with your assignment. Remember, your assignment (and your score for it) come from me, not the people who prepared these articles and videos.

Video 1: "From a Former English Teacher: How to Interview for Essays"

Video Source: http://www.ehow.com/video_4436816_interview-essays.html

Video 2: "From Two College Students: How to Conduct an Interview (With Another Student)"

Video Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IztUCbAsF8

Video 3: "From a Professional in the Field: How to Conduct an Interview with a Source"

Video Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_an_eC37eU

Posted by lhobbs at October 15, 2009 08:14 AM

My partner is Chad Wise and his most momentous occassion was asking out his girlfriend.

Posted by: winston hawkins at October 27, 2009 02:13 PM

M lynch is interviewing J sylvestro, topic is about when he got his license.

Posted by: Matt Lynch at October 27, 2009 03:34 PM

I am interviewing M.Mancuso.

Her most influencial moment was her father being laid off and finding a new job far from her home in New Jersey, forcing him to commute to Florida.

Posted by: J.Marchione at October 27, 2009 06:44 PM

My partner is A.Reese and his topic is about attending the FIFA World Cup 2006 in Germany.

J.Castro III

Posted by: J.Castro III at October 27, 2009 07:59 PM

Andrew Quijano's most memorable and life changing moment was when he got inspired to learn the guitar.

Posted by: Danny Otto at October 27, 2009 08:52 PM

the person i am interviewing is Daniel Otto and his life changing experience is when he got accepted to saint leo.

Posted by: Andrew Quijano at October 28, 2009 03:26 AM

My partner is L. MacPherson topic How she was inspired to be a dance teacher

Posted by: Tom Maggio at October 28, 2009 10:59 AM

My intervewee is T. Maggio and his most momentous occasion was bowling his first 300 game.

Posted by: L. MacPherson at October 28, 2009 03:40 PM

My partner is W. Hawkins. His most momentous event was the birth of his nephew.

Posted by: C. Wise at October 28, 2009 04:31 PM

I am interviewing Jennifer about how she failed her first and only class.

Posted by: M Mancuso at October 28, 2009 06:16 PM

My partner is Alyssa Viscomi. Her most momentus occassion was a conversation with her father about getting serious about basketball.

Posted by: Michelle McDermott at October 29, 2009 05:07 PM

I am Inteviewing N. Poidevin and her topic is about reading a book.

Posted by: Nicole Poidevin at October 29, 2009 08:40 PM